Today IBM announced IBM Connections 4.0. It will be available as electronic software download on September 7 and media will be available from october 2. IBM Connections 4 comes with a set of new features. It is designed to help you:
- Track the activity of your network and respond more quickly using the embedded experience within the activity stream.
- Bring external applications and content into the activity stream to respond in context, saving time and reducing context switching.
- Track and respond to the activities of community members using the community-centric activity stream and embedded experience.
- Quickly bring content from external sites and related communities into your community for faster response and better customer service.
- Develop insights into community adoption and usage with new standard and customizable metrics and graphical reports.
- Receive relevant recommendations on people and content using social analytics that now also utilize status updates and microblogging content.
- Use hashtags to follow important topics and „Like“ updates with a single click.
- Schedule team events and incorporate into a personal calendar using a new community calendar.